I missed posting last week for a variety of
excuses reasons. None of them really matter other than to say life got in the way and it was important that I focus on some things. The good thing is that even though I didn't stay 100% on track with my goals I have lost 5.2 lbs since June 6th!!!!! This is without diet and, honestly, without exercise.
For me following a diet would surely lead to some short-term wins, but I worry about long-term. I'm looking for a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Diets work wonders for so many people, I just know I'm not one of them. I've chosen to incorporate more healthy habits into my daily living and hope that equates to both looking and feeling better.
So what did I do over the past three weeks to lose those 5 lbs?
- I've increased my water intake drastically by drinking 99% only water
- No eating after 9 PM
- Exception 1: It was the weekend and I have no idea what I was doing eating so late, but I remember looking at the clock and feeling guilty
- Exception 2: I didn't get home from work until after 8PM last night so by the time I made my dinner it was already 9 PM
- Juiced for dinner
- I haven't done it every night, but 2-3 times a week has worked out well
- Incorporated more vegetables into my meals, like with this ridiculously good vegetable soup
- Watched (not weighed, measured or tracked) my portion sizes
- Allowed myself to snack a little bit, but not after dinner
Honestly that's it. It's been enough to get me started. I will say I know a lot of the beginning weight loss may just be water weight, but that is OK! The important thing is the numbers on the scale are moving in the right direction and I'm eating healthier.
I haven't really noticed a change in the way my clothes fit yet, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a wee bit disappointed. See, the weight I'm at now is where I was 3 1/2 months ago and I really wanted to lose back then, I just didn't have the motivation. The fact I gained 5 lbs on top of that bothers me. It's also behind me. I feel like I'm at a new starting point. If I were to lose 10 lbs from where I'm at now, I'd be at my first really "goal" weight for a long time. I know it's not all about the number on the scale, but that number has been stuck in my head for WAYYYY too long and I want to get there.
I'm hoping once the weekend hits I can come up with a meal plan for the following week. Having a meal plan really makes eating healthier (and at a reasonable hour) so much easier. Stephanie at Stephanie's Mommy Brain has some great suggestions and templates for meal plans.
With me changing up my eating habits the past few weeks SH has suffered a bit. I understand he doesn't love all the vegetables and juices I do, but I need to find a way to make sure he stays healthy as well. Do you have any healthy recipes to share that I can perhaps get SH to try? Please let me know!
Come join us and Link up your posts on health and wellness to Project 10!
Previous Project 10 Posts: