With that I present to you: 5 Search Terms Driving Traffic to My Site
- 'sick throw up red haired girl' - I am very sorry for the poor sick red-haired girl, but I promise you I never wrote about her or posted any embarrassing head-in-the-toilet pictures. The Landing page for this term was an archive page that lists a post where I talked about some stomach issues I was having. Down the page in a different post there is a picture of a girl with red hair, but the image isn't optimized, and while there are two mentions of the term 'red' and no mentions of hair anywhere.
- 'what game did jonathan papelbon do the irish jig in his underwear after' - Oh easy, that was after Game 7 of the 2007 ALCS where the Boston Red Sox beat the Cleveland Indians. I would FULLY expect this search term to come up for my Red Sox Blog, but I was shocked to see it here. I'm going to have to hop over to my other blog to see if it comes up there too.
- 'are crows dirty and nasty birds' - Yes. Yes they are. Can I help you with anything else?
- 'walk like a penguin on ice' and 'girls that walk like a penguin' - YESSSSSS!!! If you were a child of the 80s in New England, PLEASE tell me you remember this classic commercial?
- I found it interesting that years later Boston.com regurgitated that advice when giving tips for walking on ice. The post this links to talks all about my clumsy, but ironically is one of my favorite posts from this blog. Oh, and thankfully since that time we've bought a beautiful house that don't have concrete death stairs or a steep driveway that makes me want to cry.
What about you, do you love to check out your referring search terms? What are some recent queries that have driven traffic to your site?