|Join oh Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday Link Party|
I have no fewer than 10 posts cluttering up my brain, but none of have made it to the Internet just yet. Why? Well....
1. Work - My day job is busy and demanding and while I'm definitely not saving lives, sometimes clients and project managers don't understand that (or don't care). I'm not complaining*, I realize how lucky I am to have a good job.
2. Commuting - On top of my long hours at work, I also commute 3-4+ hours a day (round-trip). Until recently SH and I commuted together and that made it so much more bearable (especially b/c he drove!) but he got a new job** so now I'm driving myself and it's exhausting.
3. Quality Time with SH - Since we are no longer commuting together, we don't spend as much time together. It was nice having that "forced" time together on our rides to/from work. That way once we got home if we were both online/out with friends/watching TV/doing whatever we wanted we never felt like we weren't spending time together. Now it's an adjustment and I want to make sure we still get to spend quality time together so I'm not running in the door and straight to the computer.
4. Hockey - Oh.My.Goodness. Growing up I was a big hockey fan, but around the time I entered college (which was a lot of years ago) I started losing interest - football and baseball are my true loves. Once the Bruins started doing well in the playoffs I kind of jumped on the bandwagon a bit and started watching. I forgot just how STRESSFUL hockey can be! But what a run!!! Congratulations to the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins!!!
6. My Brother's 30th Birthday - My brother turned 30 on June 18th and a lot of time was spent with his girlfriend planning and organizing a surprise birthday dinner for him. Unfortunately the plans had to be changed at the last minute because of #3. See, my brother's gf had gotten him tickets for the Red Sox game on the 18th. It was a day game. The plan was to meet at Foxboro Stadium (home of the New England Patriots) that night for dinner. Buuutttt....the Bruins won the Stanley Cup and had a parade in Boston the day of the 18th which moved the Red Sox game to the night. That meant our dinner plans had to be changed last minute and those last minute plans turned into brunch at my house on the 19th.
7. Brunch Planning - I love planning and hosting events at our house, but I tend to want to go overboard. I want things to be perfect. So I spent lots of time on finding just the right recipes and thankfully I succeeded! Here is a sneak peak of some recipes I'm hoping*** to share this week!!
8. Father's Day - The 19th also happened to be Father's Day. Both my father and my step-father were here for brunch to celebrate my brother's big day. But the day was also spent celebrating dad and I didn't log into the computer at all. After everyone left, SH and I snuggled down and watched movies and napped. It was a perfect day, but no blogging was done!
9. SoxyLady - As you can probably tell from this post, my family is really into sports. I mean my first word was "touchdown"**** My first big foray into blogging was a Boston Red Sox Blog. While I've been trying to get this personal blog up and moving, I have also been trying to revive SoxyLady. It's a lot of work and a bit overwhelming, but I'm committed to getting these two sites to where I want them to be.
10. Perfection - I know I'm not perfect, but that doesn't mean I don't try and do things as perfectly as I can. Perfectionist. It's a term that's often been used to describe me. Because of my visions of perfection I often don't do things out of fear. Fear of failure. I may be putting too much pressure on myself to get my blogs in perfect working order. Right now I'm trying to remind myself that it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.
|Image source here|
*OK maybe I am, just a little bit
** Congratulations honey, I'm SO SO SO proud of you!
***You know, so I have something better to share than the "10 Reason's I Haven't Blogged This Week"
**** Although it came out as "tutdown" according to all parties involved