So Spike's bloody paw, ended up swelling to about three times the normal size by morning.
We headed to the E-Vet.
Were told about the $150 charge just to be seen.
Waited over an hour.
Finally saw the Vet who said she wanted to take X-Rays.
Were told about the minimum $370 charge if we got X-Rays.
Had to leave the pup for about three hours.
Went back to pick him up.
Nothing stuck in his paw.
***UPDATE*** He does have a broken toe!
Was told he had an "angry paw."
We need to give him antibiotics.
And an anti inflammatory.
Headed home $415 lighter.
Pup gets home, is happy and lovey.
His paw is back to normal size.
Tomorrow we bring him to daycare to "keep an eye on him"
...and submit our claim to pet insurance.